The community Taskforce initiative has now come to a close.
Thanks to everyone who made thoughtful and genuine contributions to the website.
All submissions will be kept publically available for the forseeable future for reference purposes.

This website is part of the community Taskforce initiative

Comments by user "xombie"

Registered since: January 3, 2009

BUGGY LIBRARIES: Often Windows Explorer doesn't refresh the file listing after file operations

Wrote on September 14, 2010, 8:31am

Comment edited on March 2, 2012, 1:01pm

Wrote on September 14, 2010, 8:13am

@Zingapuro

If you navigate to your user folder (typically C:\Users\%username%), you'll find My Documents, Pictures, Music, and Videos.

I just dragged these three into the Favourites section in the left pane to make shortcuts, and minimized Libraries so I don't accidentally click on them.

Pic: http://i.imgur.com/qtZBg.png

Wrote on September 13, 2010, 9:12pm

@broccauley

I really haven't seen it since I stopped using libraries. It has worked for me on 3 installations on two very different computers.

Wrote on September 12, 2010, 6:21pm

DontRefresh is an Office 2007 key, no wonder it makes no difference.

For a lot of people it only happens in Libraries. I've added direct shortcuts (C:\Users\%username\Documents instead of Libraries\Documents) and I haven't had this problem since.

I've also disabled indexing everywhere except the start menu since I don't search that often. That might also have something to do with it.

Take down(no but we need to do something) Windows 7 Taskforce

Wrote on June 1, 2010, 4:11pm

For Nyuszika7H and others, link to Windows 7 feedback:

Wrote on May 30, 2010, 11:42am

I have that update installed and it has made no difference.

Still only happens in Libraries for me.

Take down(no but we need to do something) Windows 7 Taskforce

Wrote on May 2, 2010, 7:03pm

@nyp

Dammit :D

Take down(no but we need to do something) Windows 7 Taskforce

Wrote on May 1, 2010, 7:53pm

formula_86: Office 2010 has already been finalized.

Take down(no but we need to do something) Windows 7 Taskforce

Wrote on May 1, 2010, 6:58pm

That...that's just the source of a page. It's not the same thing as the code behind it -_-

Using a Solid Color on the Desktop Slows Login

Wrote on April 28, 2010, 12:08pm

Fixed in an update today:

Windows Image & Fax Viewer doesn't animate animated gifs

Wrote on April 27, 2010, 10:50pm

W7 has a bug or something with the colour calibration. If you delete the calibration profile (google it), photo viewer becomes super fast.

Take down(no but we need to do something) Windows 7 Taskforce

Wrote on April 27, 2010, 10:24pm

Thanks for the site, Long. :)

See you during the Windows 8 beta perhaps? :P

Windows Image & Fax Viewer doesn't animate animated gifs

Wrote on April 27, 2010, 10:23pm

Just install xnview and set gifs to open in it.

Untoggling Auto-Arrange in Windows Explorer

Wrote on April 24, 2010, 5:30pm

Well, I could manually re-order files, and turn off autoarrange by right clicking in a folder > View > Untick Auto Arrange.

Also, you can freely place files and icons around without having to follow a grid alignment. (You already can do that on the desktop, but they had disabled it in explorer)

Comment edited on April 24, 2010, 7:30pm

Wrote on April 22, 2010, 10:40am

It's possible, I guess. I've set my network to Public and disabled all sharing for what it matters.

Someone from MS on the thread on TechNet did submit this as a bug to the team:

Maybe we'll see a fix in SP1, but I don't have high hopes, for some reason :p

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 42 » Next (15 of 616 results)